View Profile JohnnyGuy

All 156 Movie Reviews

48 w/ Responses

Hahahaha I laughed out loud at this. I've rarely laughed at really short animations as i don't particularly enjoy them, but this was great haha

Evy-Devy responds:

Thanks! Wasn't my audio but I knew it fitted well! Glad you liked it!

Damn, no wonder this episode was never aired. This is gold.

ChutneyGlaze responds:

haha love it

squeakytoad responds:

Hey you finally got that new username - happy new year!

Dang the rules keep getting more confusing and chaotic. I mean i sorta get it though. It's in purgatory so just about anything could happen. This is awesome though and i can't wait to see part 2.

Edit: i just realized this goes over between the events of 7 and 9 when Hank genuinely died by Jeebus' pistol and this is the first time he saw Purgatory. Holy shit. I was wondering what happened to Hank between that time!!! This is gonna be good. Well it is good. Now i wonder who in the facility agreed to make him into an experiment and ressurect him and why when he's their enemy....maybe to try to corrupt him make him a weapon for them? Quite curious. Interesting.

You guys seriously need to make a game already. This is phenomenal.

This is the quality of an animated movie, not just a series. This is at least as good as The Iron Giant in quality, but this is even better-looking because that was 20 years ago and this is very modern. This looks amazing, good job man :)

Disclaimer: This post comes from a place of care and also Ryan is a friend, so I don't want this to come off as rude or mean or anything, but I apologize if I didn't word things properly. I don't want to make anyone feel hurt or upset or discourage anyone's talents, y'know? With that said...here's my personal thoughts, but it's quite blunt.

I get people's gripes about her, and she took this well, but the way this came off was...way too mean. I'm taking this from the perspective of making a hate collab about well, anyone, in such a way, unless it was like a roast done in a tasteful way, which those exist, but this....is kinda...childish? I will say i got a couple chuckles at some of the drawings lol. Some of the animation was good,, I get it's not supposed to be a mega effort thing, so some of it is meh, gets the point across, and brings back that good old NG style but yeah.

With that said, people are gonna like what they like, this just makes you guys seem kinda...salty about it and petty. I'm just being realistic here, not trying to be rude. Originally i wasn't going to say anything about this, and I don't want to get anyone down or anything, but I'm against spreading hate in the world. I'm concerned with how this makes Newgrounds look. Do we really want to give Newgrounds a bad name to ward people away by centering a hateful (non-roasty parody) type collab to hate on one person?

I've been around since 2003, I get theres been collabs about that, but it's when people do shitty things and what not, but is Mooni really at fault? Sure, it might not seem fair to the hard working people but some of the things that are high rated in the portal are animations, yes they're viewed because adult content is always gonna be more popular most of the time, but this shows insecurity if anything else.

I'm just being honest. However, before I assume anything truly, what was the purpose of this collab? Was this all just for laughs really? Ultimately newgrounds collabs are just that, but this struck me as...just pure hate. She even once messaged me saying she got a lot of hate messages from well...unfortunately some NG musicians I don't want to name and won't say publicly. But it's disappointing. I see this as a friendly community, so it made me really sad to hear that. If she was mean I mean i'd get it, but she's not.

My personal opinion though, is that this could have been more tasteful of a roast in a sense, and not just playground bully jokes. I'm surprised she took it well, but if it was me, I probably wouldn't come back to a website after this. Ultimately, this just kinda feeds the negative things people have heard about newgrounds. Do we really want that?

Call me a simp if you choose to go that route, but I genuinely care for you guys, and NG. I'm just kinda disappointed to see this coming from you all, I thought you were above this, because your other work is great. Just wanted to give you some food for thought, but I'll give you guys a 2 star because I care about y'all and some of the animation was good.

Maybe this is a controversial review, maybe I'll get flack for it, but I'm thinking of the bigger picture here, not just Mooni. Everyone has their fair chance, and also things are categorized more properly now, I get it used to be an issue. I support your other work, but I can't say I support this or agree with it.

Though I'm just overall a bit confused as to why you guys made this, but it just comes off as genuine festering hate thrown like a tantrum. If I'm wrong, correct me, but I'm genuinely curious of the origin, the story of how this collab came to be? I know you might say "it speaks for itself" but, I'm just curious of the intent and the details.

Maybe this comes off as rude or weird of a review, I can't say I've ever written a review like this in the history I've been on newgrounds, but idk, parodies are funny most times and tasteful, actually have good roasts and what not, but this didn't hit that way, it felt like it was made to ward her away from Newgrounds and not be a welcoming community, but i dunno, is that just me?

In any case, keep going with your future endeavors, because you guys are a talented bunch, but my advice, I wouldn't make something like this again for the sake of spreading rumors about Newgrounds. Yes, I'm serious.

So what's the story behind this collab? Am i taking it too seriously? Just how it comes off.

EDIT: Well fuck, I just realized how long this was to read. But still, it's important. Sorry.

LobsterMango responds:

Thanks for the tip. The collab was just supposed to be a shitpost in response to missmoonified getting a daily second for a non animated wrongly rated demo reel in the movie portal. We rushed it out in 4 days because we wanted it to be topical. It wasnt really ment to be taken seriously but if people did take it that way, thats on me.

GrayAnimations responds:

Simp

Tiltro responds:

I understand why you think this.I don’t hate Mooni and I know this collab is making fun of her. But it was just all fun and games, we mean nothing by it. Also I’m glad she liked it.

StaggerNight responds:

This Collab was just for the shits of it honestly. We are not trying to get personal.

This actually caught me off guard. I didn't expect the hands to be explained but like that changes everything. Telekinesis? I mean, it makes sense. This is the last of the shorts though? I mean, how funny would it be if you showed how the babies get their hands like what order they pop out of the momma.

Or maybe it's funnier to not explain it at all. Or maybe they're all experiments and have no parents, but I don't think that's quite right. Interesting to see where things will go in purgatory. Hope Hank saves the world and makes it back, but you already said it's not over until everyone is dead, so nope.

I always wondered what was going on everywhere else in the world of MC, because we have now seen many test sites in Nevada. Is the whole world enslaved? It would make sense with the symbolism. I'd the whole world in purgatory now? Just Nevada?

So many questions. Anyway, this is probably my favorite of the shorts outside of the Sanford and Deimos entries.

Nice but where's the voices from? No credit for that? I hope no one pirates my music and pays for it lol.

Krinkels responds:

fair point. The people must know!

Ever since 2016, I've kinda wondered where Newgrounds stands with sprite movies because some seem allowed, some don't, because of copyright issues. It's really confusing, but it's good some parodies are still being frontpaged. Haha this is pretty great.

Formerly RealFaction. Music Producer, Voice Actor, Writer, Podcast Host, Co-Founder of the Art-Inspired Music Contest and Pixel Day. Just some guy who loves to bring smiles, and is pretty much a mega nerd. Profile picture by Shadowcat5150.

Johnny @JohnnyGuy