View Profile JohnnyGuy

All 584 Audio Reviews

399 w/ Responses

Hahahah i love this!

I'm so happy you released this haha

I hope someone animates the Jack Serious/Thunder Riders sketch or part of it haha. After half a year of work, and finally having all this for my next voice demo, I'm excited it's finally out! Can't wait to be a part of the next one, good job everyone!

VoicesByCorey responds:

I seriously hope Thunder Riders gets an animation! It’s one of my faves for sure! Thanks for being a part of this Johnny, you were a huge component of it! :D

Woah, I just realized my voice changed recently. I sound different here. I like it. Thanks again guys! Good to be back.

I dig this beat a lot. Just wait till you see what I have in store about this....>:)

ninjamuffin99 responds:

ur always up to trouble and mischief!

Dude, I absolutely love this. Can i play this on my radio show? Anything you'd like me to say like give links or what not? Also is your name pronounced "loose" or like Lucy? This is like the music i used to make when i first started except nowhere near this good, but like i loved the music from some game soundtracks that sounded like this and it inspired me a lot. Good stuff.

luce responds:

Sure!
My name is Lucy but I make stuff under luce now, which is pronounced loose lol.
A link to my newgrounds and my SoundCloud would work
And https://luce.newgrounds.com/

Thanks for talking about this on the show! I thought it was cool you guys decided to highlight it. I'm involved with this collab and it's been a lot of fun! Can't wait for you guys to see the whole thing when it's done! :D Interesting stories here.

VoicesByCorey responds:

I can’t wait for everyone to hear the collab too! You’ve been a HUGE help Faction! I’m extremely glad you came aboard!

Haha this is great. Love ya Seven, I know the recent years (especially this and last year) have been really rough on you, but I'm glad you're staying strong and I was surprised to see you put this out, this is great. :)

It's better when you play the game while listening to this and you'll occasionally (if you play long enough or start playing at about halfway into the podcast or a little after) start seeing things sync up with the podcast a few times seeing what they're talking about as they're talking about it. It makes the experience even more enjoyable.

Simple yet interesting. I was suprised you could go on so long about a topic on a podcast, that's impressive. I've thought about this throughout my life, and I've come up with theories as to why friends fallout online. It's most likely simpler than we think, even though it's a number of variables.

Think of it like Algebra. Think of X being an unknown value, but you piece things together by their personality as an algorithm, an equation. That's what this game made me think about. Piecing together those reasons, those theories, hypothesis, coming to an answer. However, this is also the thought process of worry, anxiety, insecurity, as well.

Anxiety makes your mind go all over the place with random memories, thoughts of what people said to you, worrying, going back to those thoughts over and over, sometimes going all the way back to the beginning, thinking "what went wrong?" you know? This is imo a good representation of that anxiety and self-doubt, thinking maybe you did something wrong, or just worrying in general about someone. It's like a visual aid to the thought process, piecing things together, or things that may not even be true.

This is a mixture of your own thoughts, and what friends say online, your opinions, your conflicting thoughts. I've dealt with this throughout my life a lot, so I relate with this, and I believe a lot of people do too, like you said, it's relatable. I agree with that. It's that insecurity i've struggled with throughout my life that lead me to getting therapy this year and why I've not been myself sometimes. Sorry about that.

I believe the variables, most of the time, when it comes to friends silently falling out online, most of the time, it can be simplified to the following things:

1. Your bond wasn't that strong, you just casually hung out, but didn't get too deep. Some people just see online friends as "friends", they're there but they're not someone you see every day in-person, there's still that barrier.

2. A lot of people use the internet, like games and social websites (like Newgrounds) as an outlet to express themselves and interact with people like them, it's kind of like light therapy but also can be an enabler sometimes. It's coping, to feel better, or distract themselves from the pain.

So, when people get therapy in real life, or just overall feel better about themselves, they don't feel a need to revisit those games, those friends. They want to keep it in their mind that they left their friends on good terms. It's hard to say goodbye, so they don't want to be left with that negative memory, but left them behind as good memories. Especially with socially awkward people like me, it's hard to say goodbye sometimes.

3. Their Depression or overall mental health got so bad, they find no joy in gaming or online social interaction anymore, or struggled with a disability that makes it harder to because it got worse. I've done that too. I've been in those dark places before. People wonder where you are, you don't know what to say, sometimes people don't know how to reach out and ask for help from those groups.

4. This one and 2 are probably the most common (1 is common for younger folks), but overall that hidden variable that suddenly made it hard for them to make time to come online because they got busy with life. Most of the time, it's work. Sometimes, marriage, but some are married, so sometimes it's kids. Some can make time even with that though.

But, they could have been hospitalized, situations changed, stress, a number of unknown factors. But, something that tied up their time that's out of their control, or they need more money so they have to work harder, is what it is more times than naught.

I hope this answers anyone's questions wondering about that stuff. I've had a lot of experience with that throughout my life so I can relate. It sucks sometimes, but I've had a lot of great online friends back in the day, like 2004 I played a lot with 3 guys on Halo 2 when Xbox Live first came out, around that time, I was like 12. We played a couple or so years together, but then kinda fell out silently. Things happen.

But it's great that we can remember the good times with them. On rarer occassions, kinda like the game represents, sometimes it's either because those groups of friends are toxic (well, if you play Call of Duty it's often) and they bully you, so you feel more insecure and don't want to play online anymore, or you come back and they pressure you into answering where you've been and say "not cool man" and you feel bad, so sometimes it's hard to come back due to the anxiety of being judged.

5 and 6 I guess? But it's interesting the way you put this out there. Good stuff guys. If you do something like this again, you should have a musician on board incorporate lyrics and have some interactive experience where as you walk, the music plays, and certain sung words stand out with the meaning, like an interactive music video. Would be hella cool. Good job my dudes.

I was shocked at the lack of topics in description, but this turned out to be really hilarious (but poor Ryan LOL). But I'm surprised no one's updated the description with the links to the other content mentioned yet. Good episode as always though. Lmao the WinRAR story.

If I could count how many "Fuck you Ryans" are in here, it would probably be a lot. Humans are afraid to die because they don't 100% know what happens when you die, and it's a permanent farewell to everything and everyone they love. Also, the pain. Lots of ways to die, lots of painful ways. Geez that was dark lmao.

Adult Swim is a hit or a miss. Some of the shows they approve are absolute trash, but some are genius. They were better 10 - 15 years ago, but there's still a few gold gems these days. It's always one end or the other. I'm hoping Smiling Friends by PsychicPebbles picks up for a series on AS, getting that on there alone is an accomplishment. I hope it gets more episodes, it's hilarious.

Formerly RealFaction. Music Producer, Voice Actor, Writer, Podcast Host, Co-Founder of the Art-Inspired Music Contest and Pixel Day. Just some guy who loves to bring smiles, and is pretty much a mega nerd. Profile picture by Shadowcat5150.

Johnny @JohnnyGuy